For all those of you who are interested, it looks like there was a very positive response to car-sharing in downtown Winnipeg. Mark your calendars for the first meeting(s):
From: WpgCarShare <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Car Share Community mtg invitation
Date: Tuesday, 10 February, 2009, 10:32 PM
Thank you for completing the Carshare Survey! The response has been fantastic! Your helpful responses are already boosting the chance of a carshare starting up in Winnipeg.
As the next step in the process, we need to get together to discuss how this service could work for you. We would like to invite you to RSVP to one of two community meetings taking
place at the end of February:
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
7:00-9:00 p.m., River Osborne Community Centre (101 Pembina Hwy)
7:00-9:00 p.m., , Buchwald Room
This will also be a chance to look into some of the issues that people identified in the survey:
* How much would you be willing to pay for a carshare service?
* What services do you expect would be included for that fee?
* What kind of vehicle would you want (car, truck, new, used)?
* How far would you be willing to travel to reach the vehicle?
* Does it matter to you whether the carshare service is a co-op, non-profit, privately owned?
In these discussions, we will also attempt to address any additional issues raised through the survey process. We will also provide background information on carshare services elsewhere for comparison and guidance.
We hope you will join us for a lively and interesting conversation, and keep the momentum going !
Please RSVP your attendance (and choice of evening) by Feb. 24 to email@example.com